Buying a Macbook can be a big decision sometimes. It is equipped many good features to help you do your job easier. But it may sometime make you unhappy by performing really very slow.
You can keep your system perform well like a new one by following the steps below:
- Manager Your Startup Items.
You can do so by going to the System Preferences. Then
Click on the User&Group
Click on Your User Name.
Click on the Startup Items and select the programs that your don’t what start while your Mac Boots up.
Update your Operating System.
You can update you Mac book Operating system by visiting Apple website.
- Upgrade Your Hard drive
This can be quite expensive and is not recommended except the performance hampered by the hardware Failure.
- Keep Your Hard Drive Clean
You can do this by number of ways. Some of the them are listed and described below:
- Clear the temporary folder:
The programs running in your computer creates the temporary files for the ease of access and stores them in the Temp folder. Many operating systems delete these files in a regular interval to improve the performance of the system. But you can do that manually by fallowing procedures below
- Open the Terminal (The command prompt)
- Type “OPEN $TMPDIR ” . The temporary folder will be opened. You then have to select all the files in the folder and delete them. This can help to free the gigs of memory in your computer.Empty your Caches Folder in the same manner above
5. You can do this byClick on the Go Folder in the Menu
- Click on the computer (Or You can Directly Click on the Library Menu)
- Select and Open Macintosh HD
- Select and Open Library Folder
- Select and Open Caches Folder
- Select all the files and Delete them. This will help clear the extra space form the memory
6. Organise your Folders and Files.
Make a habit of keeping your files in a organised manner. Make a category of the files you want store in your computer. So that you don’t have to wonder searching for you own files. For Example make folder like Academic for string all your files related to academic. Office for your work related documents.
7.Do not store your files on the Desktop. KEEP IT CLEAN.
8. Close all the programs after using them. Do Not Keep them open and log off because they will take additional processor power next time you logon your computer.